PayPal Payflow Pro
PayPal Payflow is a fully customizable and secure open payment gateway. It processes payments from debit card, credit card, Paypal & Paypal credits including captures, authorization, voids and credits by using Payflow gateway API's. Payflow Gateway and its API are internally used by PayPal Payments Pro. Paypal is used as their credit card processor by PayPal Payments Pro merchants, while Payflow Gateway merchants are able to use any major bank, card association or payment processor to process their online store payments.
PayPal Payments Pro is the best option; in case you need Paypal’s merchant account along using their payment gateway.
Selecting PayPal Payflow Pro
Prior to choosing PayPal Payflow Pro as your payment solution consider below given factors:
- Countries supported: The companies located in the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand and Canada are accessible to use PayPal Payflow Pro. In case you have a business in the United Kingdom, where you intend to use PayPal, Visit PayPal Payments Pro.
- Payment Methods: Payments are supported by PayPal through credit or debit card and PayPal. Though, currently PayPal (wallet) payments with Payments Pro are not supported by ChargeMonk at this time, but card payments with the Payments Pro gateway are supported only.
- Pricing: The service fees charged by PayPal include per-transaction and monthly fees. This fee depends on the location. Go through your country specific PayPal site for additional information.
Settings to use PayPal Payflow Pro with ChargeMonk
Once you start getting payments, then you have to configure the settings on your Payflow Pro account to make it works efficiently with ChargeMonk:
- Allow reference transactions: You have to allow reference transactions option so that it can activate ChargeMonk to capture the payments of future for recurring subscriptions. That’s why it is compulsory to allow them on your Payflow Pro account. For allowing reference transaction, all you have to do is to go to Account Administration > Manage Security > Transaction Settings and click yes against the Allow reference transactions feature.
Turn off Test Mode: Your Payflow Pro account will be on the Test Mode by default that helps you to test the connection between you and the payment gateway without implementing the actual fees. For carrying out the live transactions, make sure that you activate your account. For this, click on the Activate your Account button on your homepage.
Credit card information linked with Payflow Pro in a third party card vault, given by Spreedly is stored by ChargeMonk. In case you card details are stored in Paypal’s vault already after using PayPal Payflow Pro, you need to pass your card details to Spreedly to associate with ChargeMonk. Send a mail to email@example.com for additional information on the migration process.
Though payments are accepted by PayPal Payments Pro through PayPal, ChargeMonk accepts payments only by cards. For accepting payments through the ' PayPal accounts of your customer, you will have to setup PayPal Express Checkout with ChargeMonk.
Only on the live site ChargeMonk and PayPal Payflow Pro can be linked. Testing with PayPal Payflow Pro is conversed in this document later.
Below given options are offered by ChargeMonk to associate with PayPal Payflow Pro:
Option A ChargeMonk's hosted payment pages + PayPal Payflow Pro Gateway
When using this feature, the card details of customer are collected by ChargeMonk's secure hosted pages and migrated on to Spreedly for storing. This process reduces your PCI compliance requirements. If you are a merchant using hosted pages of ChargeMonk, all you need to do is to fill a Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ-A) and submit it to the payment gateway, when requested.
PCI Compliance Requirements: Low
Option B ChargeMonk's API + PayPal Payflow Pro Gateway
When using this feature, the card details collection is managed by you and is migrated to ChargeMonk later. When captured, ChargeMonk would pass the card details to Spreedly, which sets your PCI compliance requirements on higher end; all you will need to prove that your servers are enough secure to get such sensitive information.
PCI Compliance Requirements: High
Configuring PayPal Payflow Pro with ChargeMonk
Below given are the steps to setup PayPal Payflow Pro on ChargeMonk's live site:
- Step 1: In your Live ChargeMonk Site, navigate to Settings > Configure ChargeMonk > Payment Gateways and select Add a Gateway, which will allow you see a list of Payment Gateways.
- Step 2: Pick PayPal Payflow Pro from this list.
- Step 3: When you will be redirected to the PayPal Payflow Pro Gateway Configuration Page, add your merchant login, password, user and partner details to setup your gateway.
- Step 4: Ensure that you activate the Card Verification and Card Storage feature when required.
Test PayPal Payflow Pro with ChargeMonk
PayPal Payflow Pro can be associated with ChargeMonk only on its live site. In case you are accessing the live site of ChargeMonk and intend to make a few test transactions, then you can make use of the test payment gateway of ChargeMonk, which is created to simulate all the payment allied scenarios. For testing with the test gateway of ChargeMonk, test cards can be found on our cards page.