In ChargeMonk you can change the PDFs of credit notes, invoices and quotes sent to your customers.
Go to Settings > Configure ChargeMonk> Invoices, credit notes and quotes .
Preview is also available that you can access by clicking on the Preview invoice or Preview credit note on the left panel. While making changes you can check the preview at any time.
When customizing is done and changes have been previewed, please hit the Apply changes button to save the changes.
The General Settings button includes options to apply to the PDFs of invoices, credit notes and quotes.
Organization Address Format
In case your organization's address has been included in your profile, this field provides you with an option to choose how it will be displayed on the PDFs.
You can choose from below given options:
- Expanded: In this option, the address will be displayed as a new line with a neat block on its every part.
- Single Line: In this option, the address will be laid out like a sentence.
- Custom: This option provides you with more specific control over the layout. Even text can be edited directly or use the Mail Merge section that will be shown on hitting Show Address Fields. Mail Merge fields are considered special tags because they refer to the individual parts of an address. . Once the Mail Merge field is used, it will get replaced with the part of the address that refers to it on the PDF. In this manner, when the address of the organization is changed, the Organization Address Format on the PDF is updated automatically with the latest information.
Such as, in case you want that name of your company and the email address will appear then you can type-in the Mail Merge fields as given below:
When you click Apply, the outcome will look like this:
Restrictions on country selections
According to the provisions of Export Control Regulations and Anti Corruption pertinent to our entity, ChargeMonk is barred from performing business with any company or individual residing in or holding citizenship in the below given countries:
- The Central African Republic
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Cuba, Democratic
- Republic of the Congo
- North Korea
- South Sudan
- Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro,and Serbia)
Along with the above given countries, ChargeMonk is barred from performing business with individuals and companies listed on the Specially Designated Nationals(SDN) List published by the U.S. Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
You are not allowed to set the Organization Address for businesses located in these countries.
Added information to be displayed on your credit note/ invoice/quote PDFs can be chosen here. Disabling/ Enabling any of them will not affect any regenerated invoice's PDF only. The PDF's for newly formed invoices/credit notes/quotes will have changes.
- Customer ID and Subscription ID: once activated, the customer and subscription IDs will be shown.
- Billing address and customer VAT number: once activated, the billing address and customer VAT number (if applicable) will be shown.
- Shipping address: once activated, the shipping address will be shown.
- Payments/Refunds: once activated, any successful refund or payment details will appear on the PDFs of credit notes or invoices respectively.
With the help of this feature you can add a handwritten signature to the PDF's invoice/credit note/quote. You can also upload the signature's image and add the name that will be shown below it. This feature will affect the PDFs for regenerated invoices also.
Hide Quantity Columns
Activating this option will result in hiding the ‘Units' and ‘Unit Price' columns in invoices/credit notes/quotes when the line items are not based on quantity.
In case the invoices/credit notes/quotes have both non-quantity and quantity based products/services, the quantity associated columns will be evident.
- For activating this feature, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quantity-based columns will be hidden by default for users who have registered in ChargeMonk after April 27, 2018 .
The Invoices button provides you with options specific to modifying the PDF's invoice for your customers.
Title and Numbering
In case the invoice numbering modifications are kept in the draft mode, it is possible that those settings will not be viable due to the risk of creating duplicate invoice numbers. ChargeMonk warns you automatically about such conditions and will not allow you to impose the changes until you fix them.
In addition to this, below given information can be included:
- Invoice status: Activating this option will display the invoice status.
- Billing period: Billing period(s) will be included in the invoice for the line items. In case the billing period for all the recurring line items is the same, then the period will be displayed at the header level. But in case the billing periods of the line items are not the same, then the periods will be displayed at the line-item level. Consider that this option is not pertinent for one-time invoices but only for recurring line items.
- Next billing date: This option shows the next billing date. It is also pertinent for recurring invoices only and not for the one-time invoices. While in non-renewing mode the next billing date does not pertain to subscriptions.
- Custom fields: In case you track the added details regarding a customer or their subscription with the help of custom fields, then up to 3 of them will be shown.
Generic notes can be set here that will be part of all the upcoming PDF invoices. Such notes will be displayed in the notes segment following the other invoice notes that have been set.
Go to Settings > Configure ChargeMonk> Customize Invoices, Credit Notes and Quotes > Invoices for accessing this information.
Whenever the customers made the offline payments by using bank transfer/PayPal/ACH credit transfers, Full instructions for doing that can be displayed on the PDF invoice with the help of this option. Payment instructions are not displayed for Paid invoices; they are displayed only for Due Payment, Not Paid and Posted invoices.
Three types of payment modes can be configured:
- Bank Transfers
- ACH Credit Transfer
- SEPA Credit Transfer
As the Bank Transfer and PayPal options by default are available as displayed below, ACH Credit Transfer is only made available when pertinent.
For the instructions of PayPal, a section description and title can be precise. But for your site only one PayPal payment instruction may be configured.
ACH Credit Transfer feature under Payment Instructions will show up automatically once Stripe ACH credit transfer is activated and is removed when Stripe ACH credit transfer is inactive.
The Addition/removal of such payment instruction manually cannot be done. One ACH credit transfer payment instruction for your site is configurable only.
In case a customer is having an account of Stripe virtual bank, ACH credit transfer instruction of activated is added in their PDF invoices. Whenever the ACH credit transfer instruction is available, bank transfer instructions are not added in the PDF.
SEPA Credit Transfer feature under Payment Instructions shows up automatically once Stripe SEPA credit transfer is activated and is removed when Stripe SEPA credit transfer is inactive.
Addition/removal of such payment instruction manually cannot be done. One SEPA credit transfer payment instruction for your site is configurable only.
In case a customer is having a account of Stripe virtual bank, SEPA credit transfer instruction of activated is added in their PDF invoices. Whenever the SEPA credit transfer instruction is available, bank transfer instructions are not added in the PDF.
For all the information sections, the localization is supported under the payment Instructions. For detailed information about configuring more than one languages for localization are given here.
Every time a payment instruction is included, it is essential that any such information included through invoice notes will be removed. As past invoices can have such notes linked with them already, ChargeMonk confines including the new payment instructions to the PDFs of regenerated invoices to prevent duplication. Though, you can contact email@example.com in case you still like to eradicate this limitation for your site.
Credit Note Settings
The Credit Notes button provides you with the options specific to modifying PDF's credit note.
Title and Numbering
The advanced modifications for the credit note numbers generated will be offered by credit note numbering. Get detailed information about this feature here.
Credit Note Fields
Added information added in credit note PDFs can be selected here. The available option under this segment is Credit Note Status that adds the credit note's status to the PDF.
The generic notes will also set here that are going to be part of every credit note PDF sent.