Orbital (Chase Paymentech)
Chase Paymentech is a payment gateway provider that offers payment processing solutions for businesses to transmit and authorize transactions by all types of debit, credit including gift cards. ChargeMonk also accepts payments through Orbital gateway of Chase Paymentech.
- There are two host platforms provided by Chase Paymentech, i.e. (PNS) Tampa and Salem. ChargeMonk supports processing through Salem platform only.
- In the LIVE site of ChargeMonk, Orbital payment gateway can only be used. Sandbox site does not support it.
Prior to choose Orbital as your payment solution consider the below given factors:
- Countries supported: For present Orbital is available for businesses running in the US and Canada only. Navigate here to check if Orbital is available in your country.
- Currencies supported: Above 130 currencies are supported by Orbital.
- Pricing: To get more information regarding the recent pricing of Orbital payment gateway, click here.
- Payment methods: A huge array of debit and credit cards are supported by Orbital including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Network. For present, ChargeMonk accepts payments through cards alone via Orbital. For more information regarding the payment methods supported by Orbital, click here.
Types of Accounts
Test account is not supported by Orbital.
Once you register for a merchant account, you can accept the payments through Orbital.
Click here to register for a merchant account.
Spreedly is currently used by ChargeMonk to store the customer's card information. In case you are already using services of Orbital, you will have to pass the card information of your customer to Spreedly to initiate using ChargeMonk with Orbital. Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding migration process.
Option A ChargeMonk's Hosted Checkout pages + Orbital
When using this feature, the card details of customer are collected by ChargeMonk's secure hosted pages and migrated on to Orbital.
This process reduces your PCI compliance requirements. If you are a merchant using hosted pages of ChargeMonk, all you need to do is to fill a Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ-A) to stay complaint.
PCI Compliance Requirements: Low
Option B ChargeMonk API + Orbital
When using this feature, the card details collection is managed by you and is migrated to ChargeMonk later. When captured, ChargeMonk would pass the card details to Orbital.
PCI Compliance Requirements: High
Sign in to ChargeMonk’s Live Site. Orbital can be configured in your Live Site only.
Step 1: Click Settings > Configure ChargeMonk > Payment Gateway > Add a Gateway > Orbital
Step 2: Add your Merchant ID and click Connect button.
Step 3: Orbital is now configured.
Step 4: Now, you can configure the setting of other cards by clicking the Manage button. The Cards setting window will appear as shown below. Select the required settings.
- Card Verification: Before adding the customers, ChargeMonk permits you to authenticate their card. A small amount will get debited from the card of customers and will be instantly refunded, in this process. If this authorization fails, the customer will not be able to add their card. In case you want to enable this authorization, activate card verification.
- Always restore the card details in Orbital whenever customer updates it: Activate this option in case you are using more than one payment gateways and you have to update the latest card information of customer in Orbital.
Step 5: Save it by using save button.